There are a lot of advantages one can get with low GI diet. For one, it lets you know how much food you can only consume which will eventually help you to get rid of obesity. This diet is not as strict as any other diet programs as it ensures you of a balanced intake of healthy foods without compromising your body’s nutritional needs. Here are some of its advantages:
- It is just very easy to follow. Unlike any other diet plans, you need not to literally bring along with you your calculator just to count your consumed calories.
- You are given an alternative or option to take the food of your desire under a certain category, usually falling under low category.
Amidst its benefits, some critics would say that GI diet is dangerous to one’s health as it encourages one to consume foods that are very difficult to digest. The following are the disadvantages of this diet as claimed by some critics:
- They say that it is difficult to identify the GI index of a food accurately. This goes to say that a food that was categorized as a low glucose food may not be accurately be categorized into such a category and so on.
- Foods that have been tagged as unhealthy such as chocolate bars have lower GI index compared to some vegetables
- The details that were embodied within a GI diet plan may not accurately contain the specific nutritional details of the whole meal.
Although GI diet plan does not claim to be the best diet plan ever but following it religiously would ensure you of a healthy body and help you get rid of some nutritional ailments obtained from poor diet. Experts and dieticians said that this program is one of the easiest diet programs which everyone can follow through as it contains diet variation of foods meal after meal. Just when you want to start a diet program, low GI diet program will be ideal for you.